Welcome to Our Church
Believing in God’s Word and Spirit
In the summer of 1995 God began burdening Rev. Patrick and his wife Cheryl to plant a church in their home town of Rosedale Queens. The great need for a spirit-filled church in Rosedale was evident as residents and others expressed a desire to see this type of ministry in the Rosedale community. The first meeting was held in their home and soon after at the VFW Post in Rosedale NY. with a passion to reach the youth and cater to families in the community.
Destiny Cathedral Formally Queens Christian Center soon secured its own facility Five years later at 259-51 Francis Lewis Blvd. in Rosedale. The ministry was then able to create a formal structure and various ministry departments were formed. Within five more years the membership out-grew the small facility and a search began for a larger location.
On July 7th 2016 the current location at 536 South Franklin Street was purchased, and the grand opening took place on October 22nd 2016. Our desire is to be a church in the community for the community. Since our relocation we have sponsored community educational and building events such as; a Home Buyer’s Seminar, Estate Planning Seminar, and various evangelistic outreaches and concerts. Academic and artistic scholarships are made available to students who are active participants in the ministry and the future looks very right for this family of believers and all who are touched by Destiny Cathedral.
What We Believe
Molding believers, influencing the world
- There is one God, manifested in three persons- Father Son and Holy Spirit. Exod. 3:14.
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, it reveals the will of God and it is the power of God unto salvation. (2 Tim 3:15-17)
- Man created in the Image and likeness of God-triune: Spirit, Soul, and Body. Because of sin man fell. Redemption for man is in Jesus the Son of God only. Gen 1:26-31; Rom 5:14; 1 Jn. 3:8
- Eternal life and the New Birth– which is by grace through faith is the gift of God which can only be received by believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confessing all sin. (Eph. 2:8; Rom. 3:24; Rom. 10 :9,10)
- Water Baptism: Baptism in water is by immersion for believers only.
- The Lord’s Supper- An ordinance of the church symbolizing the broken body and the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- The Believer receives the Holy Spirit as the seal of salvation, but there are subsequent fillings; Tongues is one of the gifts available to all believers. It is a gift of spiritual power for public testimony and service from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers.
- The Church – is the Body of Christ. Each born again believer is an integral part of the general assembly and church of the first born:
- Divine Healing: Healing is for the physical ills of the human body and is provided for in the atonement of Christ and is fashioned by the power of God through the prayer of faith.
- Marriage: Is between one male and one female as prescribed in scripture only. (Gen. 2:22-24), (Matt. 19:4-6).
- Total Prosperity- Spiritual-John 3:3; Mental 2 Tim. 1:7; Physical – Isa. 53:4-5; Financial- Mal.3:10, Social Prov. 3:4
- The Resurrection of the Just and the Return of Our Lord -Jesus Christ returns to earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Tit. 2:13; 1 Cor. 15:52.